BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 6, 2007

God laughs....

So I'm heading to work the other day and I've got a pretty bad attitude about it. So I start to pray as I'm driving and I ask God to make me a servant like His son Jesus. And I think God responded right away. I think he asked me if I thought he was a magic genie or something. So I told God that I thought I understood what He was getting at. I asked him to TEACH me to be more like Jesus.

And about 5 minutes later I'm arriving at my office and I'm the first one there. Except there is a customer at the dock. Presumably to pick up an order. And I realize I'm the one that will have to dig out his material and load it up. And I start to think things like "just what I wanted to do first thing" and "so this is what I get for being early"........

And then I laughed. And I think God did too. Because he gave me the opportunity to serve someone and learn to be more like His son.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

isnt it awesome when things like that happen..amazing..i love it!
-Sara

Anonymous said...

At work this morning i had to take a group of about 13 bikers at 8 am right when we opened because i was the first one there.......but isnt it awesome when it turns out to be so much more than just "getting stuck doing something" Im pretty sure they made my day what it was because in my head all i did was complain about it, but when they left, i felt guilty because they were nothing but nice and it was not even a big deal, and i judged the situation before i even knew what it was going to be like. Turns out, they lifted my spirits and even though we ran out of eggs and home fries 15 min. before breakfast even ended....nothing stopped me from being the freindly waitress that day. Serving others is what its all about, even if its just a cup of coffee.

Janelle Schuler said...

Doesn't God know exactly what to do to get our attention? If we will just take the time to slow down and "get" what He is trying to teach us, amazing lessons will happen.

Thanks for sharing!

Rick said...

Thanks for the comment Janelle. You are so right. I just wish I'd catch on quicker!

Rick said...

Dear anonymous - you stay up too late! I mean look at the time on your posts!

Love,

Su padre