BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lost in the moment

I just read my friend Jason's blog from 3/21 titled "live like you were dying" (jasonsuzi.blogspot.com). It's about lessons his dad is teaching him. His dad is fighting bone cancer.

And this made me think of this new song out by Big&Rich called "Lost in this moment". I love that title. Have you ever been? Maybe on your wedding day (or night), or at the birth of your child? A moment when time and tomorrow were gone from your mind and you were completely engaged in NOW? Maybe that perfect sunset with colors you've never seen again since. Or perhaps a lazy summer afternoon with a good book and an ice cold cerveza ( it's spanish - you can look it up - or not).

Well maybe I'll get better at this with age. I am starting to appreciate and learn how to actually be wherever I am. And try not to think about the next thing I have to go and do. But I'm still not good at it. I always seem to be in a hurry to get somewhere.

I recently spent a week on a mission trip to Peru with my whole family. And during that week I was able to experience being "lost in the moment". A moment when I saw my wife and daughter and son loving orphans with all they had. A moment when that cutie in the picture, Alison, smiled and was happy despite her past. A moment when I knew I was right where God wanted me. Doing what He made me to do.

Missionary Jim Elliot once said "Wherever you are, be all there." So the next time I go to the grocery store with my wife or talk to a customer on the phone or have coffee with a friend I want to be all there in that moment.

Times up. Gotta go...........................

0 comments: