BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday

If a man was nailed to a cross and died from asphyxiation why do we call it good? It certainly is good for me because Jesus payed the price that is required of me - death. But was it good for him? I don't think there was some divine intervention taking place that took away his pain. I think he really suffered. Why else would Jesus say "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? I think he felt every ounce of pain inflicted on him. And I don't think I crucified him and I don't think the Jews or the Romans or you did either. Even the nails that held his body on the wood were powerless. It was love for us and radical obedience that keep him on that pole. He heard and was obedient to his Father - "obedient to death on a cross " as Paul states in his letter to the Phillipians. So........... how do you thank someone for that? How about considering what he did if you do not yet believe in him? And if you do believe how about moving your life from believer to follower? And if you consider yourself a follower/disciple how about being willing to follow with the same radical obedience. What is Jesus asking of you this GOOD Friday?

0 comments: