BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Standing in the Gap

Ezekiel 22:30 "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none."

God was looking for his people to stand up and be an advocate for the nation of Israel so he would not have to send them into exile.

God is looking for his people today to stand in the gap for people in poverty; for children on the margins of society.

This morning my new friends becoming Steph, Gary, Anne, Jen, Jane, Nancy, Rob and I will begin a nearly 20 hour journey to Quito, Ecuador with ChildReach Ministries (www.childreachministies.org) to do just that. We do have some construction tasks to do. But our main focus will be to see what God is up to there. We will meet some incredible people. We will spend the day with the children we sponsor through Compassion International (www.compassion.com) showing them just by our willingness to be there that they matter deeply to God.

It is a privilege to be obedient.

0 comments: