BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Shack

The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity by William P. Young is one of the best novels I have read in awhile. Simply unputdownable. It may shatter your image of what God looks and acts like; of what he/she/they really are.

Even though a novel by nature is untrue they are often woven with truths. Here's a few:

  • we must learn to live loved
  • God speaking in the book: "...just because I work incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesn't mean I orchestrate the tragedies. Don't ever assume that my using something means I caused it or that I need it to accomplish my purposes. That will only lead you to false notions about me. Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors."
  • if anything matters then everything matters

Love God? You'll love this book.

Don't love/mad at God? You'll love this book.

www.theshackbook.com

0 comments: