BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

My Critical Spirit

So I'm sitting on the patio at Panera the other day with a spinach and bacon souffle and a steaming hot cup of coffee, with smooth jazz playing in the background............reading a book about poverty. That's a contrast I can't seem to get over.

Anyway, I'm sitting there and I watch this guy walk in the door with an empty "to go" coffee cup (there's free re-fills at Panera). No way he was outside drinking his first cup and going back in for more cause the place just opened. Besides, I'm sitting near the front door and I know who's been here and who hasn't!

So you can probably see where this is going. I'm already assuming this guy is bringing back an empty cup from a previous days purchase to get free coffee today ( the java is self serve). I've accused him of stealing coffee. There's really no other scenario that fits, right? So I walk up and ask him!

No not really.

And then a "what if" came to mind: what if he's into recycling (the cup was Styrofoam) and he went to the counter to pay? Ouch.

So I'm either highly judgemental..........or into making excuses for thieves!

0 comments: