BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The father Of Lies

The bible says Satan is the father of lies. And he is using poverty to tell children on the margins they don't matter to God. That's really the first thing poverty works on: killing the heart. Many children on the margins here in Ecuador are getting a moderate amout of food and are surviving, but they're not thriving. And poverty is telling them that they don't dare dream. That they are nothing and can be nothing and can do nothing.

I spent the day with Karen and Richard yesterday, the kids my wife and I sponsor through
Compassion International. It was a great day and lots of love was shared. Great conversation and fun and food. A blast saying hello and a bummer saying good-bye. Karen wanted to recite a bible verse and she repeated John 3:16 to me. I told her I have Jesus in my heart and asked her if she did too. She said YES!

The highlight of the day for me but a couple of other great moments too.

Karen and Richard have dreams. Karen wants to be a police officer, Richard a telecommunications engineer. Sounds to me like the lies have been exposed to The Light.

Right before we left my new friend becoming Anne prayed for the group. Lots of tears. Then we had all the compassion children and siblings sing "Jesus Loves Me" in Spanish. We gringos followed that up with our version in English. Then we all sang together. And I am convinced there was silence in heaven, cause we experienced it here on earth.

Hope Lives!

0 comments: