BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Cousin


Franc was on the national wish list for this tryke and his wish was granted by an anonymous donor. This is the thank you note we sent to all who were instrumental in making this possible.
Franc’s Poem

I was born without a brain,
And yet I’m very smart.
I cannot do what most kids do,
But I can steal your heart.

My progress may seem very slow,
But I do know what I like.
Being outdoors in the warm sunshine,
And riding on my trike.

The sound of children’s voices
Ringing through the air
I crane my neck to find them
I love when kids are near.

And music playing all around
It’s one of my favorite things
I feel the rhythm in my soul
I want to dance and sing

Oh, I can’t forget my time at school
And all I do each day
Crafts and stories and then it’s therapy
But sometimes I just want to play

I’m blessed in this life to have with me
People who really care
They love me unconditionally
I know that’s why I’m here.

Some may say my life’s not full
Because of how I am
But God’s the one who gave it to me
So I know I’m in His plan.

I have a ready smile
For each person that I meet
Perhaps I can’t say “hello”
But I would if I could speak

In fact, I’d say a mouthful
If I could talk to you
I’d start with thank you for your gift
And end with GOD BLESS YOU!


0 comments: