BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Got Purpose?

You may think the following words are reckless. I think they're packed with wisdom. They're by author Erik Mirandette from his book The Only Road North: 9,000 Miles Of Dirt and Dreams.

"The most horrible and terrifying thing that I can imagine isn't that I would put all that I am on the line for a cause I believe in and then be called on it. The most horrible and terrifying thing is the thought that I could spend my whole existence minimizing the risks I take, living ignorantly convinced of my safety, rejecting the purpose I was created for, and then someday wake up an old man and see that life has passed before me, and now with death knocking on my door realize that in all my years I have never truly lived.

We each have a destiny, a legend that only we can live. To embrace it is scary and dangerous, and most choose not to. Most put it off until tomorrow, until after high school, until after college, until after establishing a financial base. Can't they see? We only get one shot at this life. Tomorrow may never come. The time is now! Not to drop everything and move to Africa, but to find the passion that is inside us and embrace it, to listen to its subtle whispers."

So what purpose were you created for?

Are you embracing it or ignoring it?

I think God usually talks to us in subtle whispers. Not audible mind you, but to our heart. And if we are busy enough, we can easily drown that out. God probably won't start shouting either. He'll probably continue whispering, and the less we pay attention the quieter that whisper will become. Until what we have and the life we're making and the tomorrow that we claim will be the time to follow Him, fades away.

0 comments: