BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

This Generation2

A few weeks ago I wrote about a fundraising event by some Kent State students. I titled it "this generation". Here is some more encouraging news about twenty somethings I am coming to know.

Last night I had a meeting with some nursing students at Malone College. The curriculum at Malone requires them to spend 45 hours in a cross cultural setting as part of their clinicals. First of all, kudos to Malone College for this requirement. Secondly, I am excited about how the group I met with last night decided to fulfill this.

They are going on a mission trip to Ecuador with ChildReach Ministries. They could have made things a lot easier on themselves by not having to raise all the funds to go. The ones that are afraid of flying could have stayed home and found something else. Most have never been out of the United States and the thought of going to a third world country is freaking them out a little. But deep down I could sense their excitement.

We talked about why they decided to do this and many admitted some fear about stepping out of their comfort zone but can't wait to go. They want to see God at work in the world and boy will they ever. I can't wait to get them down there and see what God does through them and in them.

I think they'll find that deep contentment lies just beyond the risk of trusting God.

By the way, if you are interested in helping them financially please go to our website at
www.childreachministries.org and click on "donations" and read the directions on how to support a trip participant. Select "support trip participant" in the drop down menu and note "Malone Nursing" in the donation information box.

0 comments: