BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 14, 2007

17 and 364

No, it's not a sequel to the song "25 or 624" by Chicago.

It's the age of my son Andrew. His 18th birthday is tomorrow. Wow! Somebody is getting old..........and it's not me.

I am proud of the man he is becoming. I hope he follows God's will for his life. And as a parent it's a little difficult to say "whatever and wherever that may be."

As a parent I want "the best" for my kids. And to most people in the United States of America that seems to automatically mean personal health and wealth. I admit I do hope that for him. But more important than pursing what we might call success, I hope he goes for significance for the Kingdom of God. I hope he follows Jesus.

As a parent how many times do we tell our kids to be safe? I want Andrew to be safe. But I also hope he has a daring and dangerous encounter with the God who made him.

I hope he lives a daring/safe/dangerous (daferous) life.

Go and chase significance my son. Happy Birthday.

0 comments: