BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 2, 2007

If God has a refrigerator...........






Meet my nephew, Francis. He's the son of my Aunt Carol and Uncle Al. They dressed him up for Halloween the other night. And that is no small effort. You see, they have been taking care of kids for like 40 years. They've adopted 3, raised 4, had over 150 foster kids pass through their home and decided that Francis would not lay in an institution to die on their watch. So they took custody of him.
"Fronk" as we so affectionately call him, needs extra care. A lot of extra care. When he needs to go to the bathroom, they change his diaper. When he needs to eat, they hold his bottle. When it's time to move from one place to another, they carry him. Supposedly Francis will never eat, speak or move on his own.
But I don't believe that. God says in His word that He is "making all things new." And that sounds to me to be proactive. Like He's not done yet. He isn't. I would love to be in heaven when Francis gets his new body. It would be neat to witness him say "thanks" to my aunt and uncle and wrap his arms around them for the first time. What a sweet union and reunion that will be. I can't wait to see him play soccer and baseball with his dad.
If God has a refrigerator.................. I think these pictures are on it.

0 comments: