BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Truth from Fiction

I will read anything Khaled Hosseini writes. The Kite Runner was excellent. A Thousand Splendid Suns raises the bar. This book takes a little while but once it gets going it never stops. A novel, yet filled with the history of Afghanistan. A history of oppression of the country and of her people, especially women. A story of an unlikely friendship and deep sacrifice. Sometimes filled with a sense of hopelessness..............yet not.

When I read fiction I love watching for nuggets of truth. Here's one from this book that resonates with me:

"Of all the hardships a person has to face perhaps none is more punishing than the simple act of waiting."

I guess rocker Tom Petty was right: the waiting is the hardest part.

And yet in Isaiah 64:4 it says that God acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

What are YOU waiting for?

0 comments: