BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 10, 2007

Nothing x 3

A couple of years ago, inspired by the book Halftime by Bob Buford, I wrote my own epitaph. I'm not really sure I want to be buried. I'd rather be cremated. I don't want my family and friends to visit a grave...........because I'm not there.

But if I was buried here's what I would want on my headstone:

NOTHING x 3
- to prove
- to lose
- left undone

Nothing to prove.........because I don't.

Nothing to lose.......because whether I live or whether I die, either way I win.

Nothing left undone........this was inspired by Joshua 11: 15 "As the Lord commanded his servant Moses, so Moses commanded Joshua, and Joshua did it; he LEFT NOTHING UNDONE of all that the Lord commanded Moses." ( emphasis mine ) Can you imagine that being said about you? That you left nothing undone!

Anyone out there write their epitaph? I'd love to hear it.

0 comments: