BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Agua

It means water in Spanish.

And this morning I showered with it and made coffee with it. Dishes were done with it and iced tea was made with it. When I walk to a faucet in my home water comes out, hot or cold at my bidding, whenever I want it. I put some in my dogs' water bowl. I probably even wasted some of it today.

But it is a precious commodity right now in many areas of Peru. It always is but right now, due to the earthquake, even more. I am not sure if the kids at Hogar de Ninos orphanage in Chilca, Peru have enough of it.

Or any of it.

They have no electricity so the well pump does not work. They will have to rely on the water truck coming to the neighborhood. I am praying that truck can make it through.

0 comments: