BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Kids..........

Don't they just say the darndest things? And almost always the first thing that pops into their head. Like this little snippet I overheard last night between a mother and her perhaps 6 year old daughter at Wal-Mart. They were brousing through some t-shirts:

Mother: "This would be a nice one for grandpa."

Daughter: "But grandpa's dead."

Mother: "The other grandpa!"

Today my church got together and prayed for an hour for children on the margins. For children who are in danger from abuse, slavery, war, neglect, starvation. For children around the globe and in my neighborhood. For the 30,000 under the age of 5 who will die today. For the 40 that died in the minutes it took me to write this blog. And I don't think I can ever get over that.

I don't want to get over that.

Cause it wrecks the heart of God, I think, when even one does not grow up to be who He created them to be.

0 comments: