BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 11, 2007

THE temple and each days need

In 1 Kings 6 Solomon begins building a temple for the name of the Lord 480 years after God brings the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt. I wonder if God really wanted this temple. And I wonder what God thinks about some of the incredibly expensive and monster structures the church builds and finances today. It is really hard for me not to be critical of something like this.

I like how my church, RiverTree Chrisitan, is becoming a church of multi-sites instead of building a "Church-mahal".

Later in 1 Kings 8 Solomon is dedicating this temple and he prays for God to provide for Israel "according to each days need." Well that sounds very unlike me. I seem to always be planning and trying to figure out "tomorrow" instead of "living" today. This is a lesson my friends from Ecuador and Peru are teaching me. They do "today" really well.

0 comments: