BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 1, 2009

God vs. grass-eating bull

Psalm 106:20 struck me this morning.

The Psalmist is re-capping a little Israeli history. They havn't been too long from Egypt when they lost patience waiting for Moses to come down from the mountain after his conference with God. So they melted all their gold and made a calf. They wanted something to worship. Something to capture their imaginations.

"They traded their glorious God for a statue of a grass-eating bull." (NLT)

Ouch!

Makes me realize I've traded God for trivial, meaningless things.

Got any grass-eating bulls in your life?

1 comments:

Kathleen Finley said...

Wow, that's very profound Rick. So many times we trade God for the material things of this world and forget about Him. I'm trying my best not to do that.