BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 11, 2009

god moments

I'm learning that most "God Moments" happen along the way to somewhere else. They are unexpected, unplanned. They seem like interruptions. I think I end up missing most of these moments. I'm a planner and don't like changes to my schedule.

Jesus was good at this. Much of his interaction with people seems to have occurred on the way to somewhere. He was great at being truly present in the moment. He soaked in every opportunity to be with people.

Last night at the Lock 3 concert in Akron we met a dad and his two daughters. But not until we were leaving. It was crowded so my wife Chris told them they could spread out a little into our space (they were sitting behind us on the lawn). We chatted a bit and were amazed to discover they are driving up from Columbus every weekend for these concerts. "We don't have anything like this", the dad said. He told us hid oldest daughter, who looked maybe 12, loves older music like The Beatles.

And as I walked away and drove home, I thought about them. I wanted to connect with them in a deeper way. Like offering them a place to stay when they come up. But I didn't.

Did I miss a "God Moment" last night?

1 comments:

Bruce said...

So true my friend.