BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Locked Up Abroad

No..........not me. It's this cool show I stumbled across on NatGeo (National Geographic Channel). Ever seen it?

I don't watch much TV but this is definitely my new favorite show. And I'm not sure why.

I guess it appeals to my sense of adventure. And it seems that at least half of the episodes I've seen so far are missionaries that get kidnapped. Now I'm not saying I want this to happen to me nor am I minimizing the personal challenges and tragedies that have befallen some of these people. But I do get jacked up on adventure (and Mountain Dew) and going to other countries........especially those of the third world.

Maybe, deep down, I wonder if I've got what it takes to survive something like this. Physically AND spiritually. I think at my very core I wonder if I have the faith to endure. I want to be challenged, but not in a Colombian or Bengali jail. Last year I flew from Ecuador to Peru via Bogota, Columbia.........alone............on an airline I'd never heard of. But I guess I'd prefer to see if I've got what it takes right here in the safety of my own little village thank you very much.

So if you get a chance check it out. New episodes are Mondays at 9:00pm.

0 comments: